Quality & Compliance Manager-Assisted Living Denver, CO February 2017
Senior Housing Options, Inc., a non-profit providing affordable, safe housing and care for seniors and people with disabilities, has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Manager-Assisted Living Properties to join our corporate office team. This role will report to the Regional Director of Operations and provide quality management, medical subject matter expertise and legal/regulatory compliance support for our Assisted Living properties, ensuring that quality care and safe, comfortable homes are provided for our residents.
Key duties include:
• Create, update and revise the Quality Management Plan and Program for Senior Housing Options, Inc. Assisted Living Residence properties
• Conduct scheduled compliance and quality reviews of categories outlined in the Quality Management Plan and Program at each Assisted Living Residence property on a quarterly basis
• Report results of compliance reviews to each Assisted Living Residence Administrator and Regional Director of Operations, along with recommended Plans for Correction to remedy any opportunities identified
• Serve as subject matter expert for Medicaid compliance for all Assisted Living Residence properties, including providing advice and guidance to Regional Director of Operations regarding complex situations affecting compliance.
• Plan, facilitate and evaluate all medical activities in the facilities, including offering clinical guidance and expertise to all appropriate team members, and offering feedback to Regional Director of Operations needed to support accountability for performance of those activities by team members
• Make certain that resident treatments comply with internal policies, clinical protocols and regulatory requirements for safety
• Manage the annual training and application process for QMAP certification for employees, including ensuring availability of instruction, required documentation and interaction with regulatory agencies
• Work with Director of HR to ensure delivery of onsite and remote employee training as required by regulations and as needed to ensure success of recommended Plans for Correction and fulfill other training needs
• Serve as Safety Committee chairperson, facilitate delivery of safety and injury-prevention programs at all Assisted Living Residence properties and monitor Workers’ Compensation open claims in conjunction with Regional Director of Operations and Director of HR
• Provide nursing consultation to community staff for resident health issues as needed or requested at routine visits or via phone calls or email.
• Ensure PPD (T.B.) testing, and appropriate vaccines are delivered to employees as needed
Qualified candidates will have:
• Must be a licensed nurse (L.P.N. or R.N.) in the State of Colorado
• Two years’ experience providing quality management in assisted living, long-term care, or other related health-care management required
• Experience in assisted living, long-term care, or other related health-care management preferred
• Local and overnight travel within the state of Colorado, less than 40%
• Must be or become familiar with all applicable regulations
• Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
What we offer:
• Competitive salary, medical and dental coverage after 60 days, paid holidays, transportation or parking subsidy
• Training, development, and opportunities to grow your career
• A great team working together toward a mission you can believe in
You will love working in our lower downtown corporate office in a historic Denver building, less than two blocks from Union Station with easy access to LightRail. Every one of our team members is a critical part of our success. Please contact email@example.com and attach your resume to apply.
Senior Housing Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), M/F/H/V.