Nurse Supervisor, Denver January 2017
by Kelsey Trotter
Job Summary: Coordinates resident care plans to promote wellness and meet health needs of the residents and provides education and competency evaluation of unlicensed staff providing direct care and medication assistance for residents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prior to resident admission, completes evaluation to identify resident care needs
2. Develops resident service plans that identify resident care and needs
3. Collaborates with resident physician, communication of changes in resident health needs and medical follow up, identification of allergies, medication, and care interventions related to ongoing medical conditions and health teaching needed
4. Coordinates reviews of resident service plans with resident (Care Conference) and care staff and updates plans as needed to meet identified needs.
5. Provides ongoing mediation to residents and staff regarding health care and needs in accordance with professional standards of nursing practice.
6. Identifies and coordinates services with other health care providers (Ex Home Health, Pharmacist)
7. Promotes resident independence including medication self administration assessments
8. Sets up medication and medication plans as needs
9. Documents evaluations and care in resident care plan
10. Participates in staff orientation and training activities
11. Participates in staff competency evaluation, documents and reports areas of concern or lack of competency to the Administrator.
12. Participates in committees as requested by the administrator (Quality, Safety, etc)
13. Participates in community and other public education regarding care and services provided at Marycrest Assisted Living.
14. Maintains resident care plans in accordance with professional and regulatory standards
15. Plans and implements reviews of Pharmacy records and provides oversight on medications being administered.
16. Develops and implements health and wellness educational opportunities for residents/staff.
17. Participates in interviewing, hiring, disciplining, evaluating, coaching and terminating care staff. Provides appropriate orientation, training, direction and mentoring for all care staff, including Quality Standards and Core Values.
18. Coordinates direct care schedule, in conjunction with Human Resources, including off requests.