Nurse Administrator for Seven specialty memory care homes in Parker & Castle Rock 06-2015
by Sheryl Thompson
(Douglas County, CO)
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The primary function of the Administrator is the total management and full responsibility for facility operations and quality of care for seven specialty memory care homes. Financial stability of the facilities, staffing practices and day to day operations are coordinated by the Administrator to fall within operational guidelines of governmental agencies. The Administrator structures the environment, which will produce the highest standards of non-medical care. The Administrator reports to and is directly responsible to the President.
1. Possess a current, valid Colorado Assisted Living Administrator Certificate
2. Possess a current, valid Colorado Nursing License.
3. Possess management and organizational skills.
4. Ability to read, speak, understand English, follow directions and complete assigned responsibilities.
5. Possess effective communication skills to develop and maintain a positive relationship with residents, families, facility staff, physicians, consultants, governmental agencies and representatives, and the community.
6. Ability to implement the Corporation’s policies and procedures and philosophy of care.
7. Possess a genuine interest and concern for residents and ability to direct services, which enhances the quality of care and life to all residents.
8. Knowledge of current local and state regulations governing Assisted Living Residences.
9. Demonstrate ability to effectively respond to grievances and emergency situations.
10. Maintain a neat, clean, well-groomed, professional appearance.
1. 24 Hour Administrator responsibilities to oversee the safety and well-being of the residents in accordance with Assured Assisted Living’s standard of care.
2. Conduct routine rounds of the homes to identify problems and non-compliance with state regulations and facility policies and procedures. Assess and evaluate all residents on these rounds.
3. Develop Resident Careplans and make revisions as necessary.
4. Coordinate and supervise all staff on the coordination and implementation of the Careplan.
5. Coordinate, schedule and conduct monthly resident review meetings to identify, monitor and intervene for residents at risk for higher placement.
6. Insure each facility maintains compliance by conducting monthly audits and ongoing monitoring.
7. Insure all resident files and personnel files are current and in compliance with regulations.
8. Insure resident’s rights and care is implemented and documented in client checklists by monitoring on daily rounds.
9. Document and prepare all paperwork requested by Licensing.
10. Implement all corrective actions for compliance of regulations.
11. Communicate directly with all physicians, families, staff and outside agencies regarding any and all resident care and concerns.
12. Establish and maintain an open door policy and high level of ongoing communication with residents and their families.
13. Contact the resident’s family when a change of service is needed. Lead and participate in a resident/family conference to review changes in service.
14. Ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction.
15. Actively participate in providing service to residents.
16. Approve employment of facility personnel who are selected and meet qualifications.
17. Operate the facilities within the budget and assist in conserving organizational resources.
18. Develop and implement cost saving measures and contribute to profits and revenues.
19. Develop and carry out a successful marketing program which maintains >93% Occupancy.
• Receive pre-admission calls, screen for proper placement; conduct tour of the homes with prospective clients/families.
• Maintain up-to-date records of all communication with prospective customers using the appropriate system, and track each prospective customer from initial contact to the final decision.
• Provide regular reports to the President regarding sales achievements, status of interested prospects, and implementation of the marketing plan.
• Seek and build positive relationships with the surrounding community, particularly referral sources.
• Join community groups and attend meetings to build goodwill in the surrounding area, educate members about your facilities, and develop positive relationships.
20. Assist the prospective family with all move-in paperwork and ensure that it is completed and returned within specified timeframe prior to move-in.
21. Schedule and complete the assessment of the prospective resident and report results to their family.
22. Inform all employees of the pending move-in date and the necessary information about the new resident.
23. Assist the new resident and their family with the transition process through on-going communication, sensitivity, and reassurance.
24. Attend proposed continuing education for Colorado Administrator Certificate renewal.
25. Perform other duties associated with an Administrative position.
REQUIRED LICENSING DOCUMENTS:
1. Current Colorado Nursing License.
2. Current or projected Colorado Administrator Certificate.
3. Health screening report: (include TB test).
4. Finger print clearance.
EOE - Please submit resume to email@example.com or fax (303)814-2689.
website : Assuredassistedliving.com