July 25: Deadline for Proposal Submission for 5-Yr Contract to Provide AL for veterans in Denver Area
by Scott Honiberg
(Potomac Health Associates, Inc. 8280 Greensboro Drive, McLean, VA 22102)
The VA in Denver just released a Request for Proposal (RFP) for Assisted Living Residences (ALR) in the greater Denver metro area for psychiatric step-down services for veterans discharged from the VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System’s (VAECHCS) inpatient psychiatric mental health care units. This is a 5-year contract calling for approximately 1,250 bed days/year. Excerpts from the RFP state:
The successful Assisted Living Residence (ALR) will be Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) certified as such and will provide room, board and at least the following:
· Providing a physical environment that is safe and designed to support Mental Health residential treatment services.
· A locked medication room/area administration by staff who are Colorado Qualified Medication Administration Persons (QMAP) or nursing staff.
· Structured daily activities that focus on mental health and or substance abuse recovery needs.
· Telephonic coordination of care on a daily or as needed basis with the VAECHCS Bed Flow Clinician.
· Regular supervision of veterans on a 24 hour basis. This includes monitoring the needs of patients to ensure the residents receive the services and care necessary to protect their health, safety and well-being.
· Staff provides verbal prompting for encouraging veterans engaging in activities of daily living that includes getting out of bed in the morning, daily hygiene, attending groups, and appropriate social skills.
CDPHE licensure will ensure that assisted living residences meet established standards for health and safety which include resident rights, protection from abuse, quality of residents’ lives and quality of residents’ care through unannounced annual surveys and complaint inspections.
This may offer a business opportunity of interest to one or more CALA members. The RFP was released on July 11th, and proposals are due by July 25th.
Potomac Health Associates, Inc. (www.phainc.com) specializes in federal health contracting. We work with providers throughout the country that have an interest in federal contracts, but are unfamiliar with the federal procurement process. We are interested in working with an organization to help them capture this contract.
For additional information, contact Scott Honiberg at 703-821-8944 or firstname.lastname@example.org.