Health Care Director 06-2015
(Louisville, CO, USA)
Balfour Senior Living, a pioneering, upscale senior living community dedicated to innovative care and service to seniors is seeking a Health Care Director to join our close knit team in Louisville, CO. At Balfour, prized architecture, beautifully appointed interiors and an outstanding hospitality culture creates a "new generation of retirement living”. This position is located at Balfour Cherrywood Village, providing Assisted Living to seniors with memory care and dementia related challenges.
In this rewarding “hands – on” management position you will plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the nursing department at Balfour Cherrywood Village. Balfour Cherrywood offers Assisted Living services for seniors with memory needs. This is a small community typically with 52 residents and day care option. The successful candidate will partner with the management team to develop, plan and implement a wide variety of stimulating, high quality programs that meet the needs of a diverse community. In this role you will manage and evaluate nursing department team members, to include care managers and care partners through on-going performance management and timely coaching and counseling. You will also monitor the department’s budget and take appropriate action or make recommendations to ensure the department’s overall compliance with the budget. You will be a liaison for residents and their family members with outside physicians, pharmacy partners, families and other providers as needed. You will also be responsible for overseeing the electronic medical records program to ensure it is properly maintained, accurate and meets health department compliance and regulations.
Qualifications necessary for this role:
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• Must be a licensed registered professional nurse (LPN) in Colorado.
• Must enjoy working with elders and dementia clientele.
• Demonstrated talent for interacting with individuals with dementia or memory issues, particularly the elderly and their family members.
• Proven successful management of a team to achieve common goals preferred.
• Two - Four years management experience preferred; strong leadership skills a necessity.
• Two - three years of experience in a senior living setting preferred.
• Ability to provide coaching and mentoring to staff to achieve excellence.
• Ability to collaborate with other departments and management to continuously improve quality and overall experience for our customers.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a customer focus at all times.
• Ability to clearly communicate in verbal and written form.
• Ability to communicate openly, honestly and responsibly with others.
• Ability to work on weekends, holidays, and evenings as needed.
Our associates enjoy working for Balfour because we stand out from the crowd! Our commitment to providing five-star quality service offers associates the opportunity to make a difference every day. If you are a dedicated, team-oriented individual that’s enthusiastic about working with seniors, apply today!